Ray Family

Ray Family

Friday, January 13, 2012

First tooth!

I am a HORRIBLE mom, well at least a horrible blogger. I cannot believe I didn't blog this when it happened.

As most of you know, Gracie has been missing her top two front teeth since she was 2 1/2 (she ran into a door and one popped out, then the other turned black and fell out a few months later). We got used to the toothless smile over time and didn't even really notice it anymore. I often wonder what she will look like when she gets those teeth back since it's been 3 1/2 years :)

One our way back from getting Fischer in Bakersfield on December 21st, about a week after Gracie had been complaining about a loose bottom tooth, that sucker popped right out when she accidentally nudged it with her knee. We were on Hwy 58 East of Mojave, but nowhere near anything. She was bleeding and screaming in true Gracie style. Luckily a truck stop was coming up and we were able to stop and take care of the dire emergency. People were looking at me holding this almost-6-yr-old, while she was screaming uncontrollably and blood was barely seeping from her mouth, like I hit her or something. I smiled and explained she lost a tooth. Like they care. Like I'll ever see them again.

Within a few minutes, okay more like 20, and after talking to her dear Daddy, she finally calmed down. We put the tooth in the tooth fairy pillow Nana made her, and she got a WHOPPING $1!!! When did the tooth fairy give raises? I liked the 25 cent idea myself. But all the tooth fairy had was $1 apparently (so I was told).

So, she officially "LOST" her first tooth! Right before her 6th birthday. And then I remembered, she cut her first two teeth the day before her 1st birthday. That was fun too (being sarcastic if you can't tell).

No comments: